 |
This would be an Advanced version of fish,
currently I can get my legs up but not my arms. |
My Saturday currently consists of procrastinating cleaning, doing yoga, and drinking tea.
I would love to recommend Yogi Tea to you, that is of course if you do not have a Teavana around you. If that is the case I surely do not envy you. Tea is an awesome tasting alternative to coffee, there are teas for energy, digestion, calming, womens health, and even sleep. You name it there is probably a tea blend for it. I find it most beneficial to drink tea after a nice long work out, esp my purely peppermint tea.
YOGA LESSON FOR THE DAY :)
Today I started off with the Sun Salute 1, worked on stretching out my legs, shoulder stands, falling into back-bend, fish pose, and finally boat pose.
 |
| This would be boat. It tightens your core. |
Always end your calming yoga work out with Mrigi Mudra (put your thumb up the next two fingers down and then the last two fingers up) you want to focus at first on your dominant nostril and put your thumb against your other nostril, breath in through that nostril hold it switch pressure to the opposite nostril with your thumb and then breath out. Do this for three minutes. Its incredibly calming. Or finish in Corpse or Fetal pose, both are extremely relaxing when you push all thoughts from your mind. Just focus on your breath and being one with your body. For corpse pose lie on your back and put your palms facing up and breath in for a 8 count and try and double the release. For fetal position it is pretty much self explanatory, knees to your chest, balance yourself on your knees and curl yourself up with your forehead on the ground. Your arms may be out in front of you or may be under you.
 |
| The sun salute 1. |
AND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REMEMBER
you do not have to take yoga classes to do yoga. It is in amazing work out and it is very calming.
P.S. I do recomend that glass of tea right about now :)
Have a lovely day.
Namaste.
AH Teavana's nothing like...I have a whole cabinet filled with all flavors. Peppermint is awesome but my fav for the day is White Ayurvedic Chai w/Samurai Chai Mate' and Night Night tea or now known as Tranquil Dreams for the evening. Can you say Teavana Addict
ReplyDeleteI would love to do Tai Chi but never seem to find the time so I have a personal trainer at the gym which releases all my stresses of the day.