Saturday, March 26, 2011

OLDER MEN!

Someone asked me this week why I was attracted to older men, I couldn't really give him a good answer then especially since he asked me if he was in trouble right after I said yes. I have been giving it a lot of thought so hopefully this makes sense. 

Older Men
1. They are always more attractive. 
2. They are capable of providing for themselves. This does not mean that I am a gold digger it just means that they are past the point in their lives where they are living off their parents and with their parents. Independence is indeed sexy. 
3. They are usually emotionally mature. (Notice how I said usually)
4. Unless he is a complete idiot, he knows the right things to say. He knows what not to do. And though in all relationships their will be arguments and issues, he will be willing to work it out.
5. He realizes that everyone makes mistakes. -- Its only fair to realize that yeah he is older.. but he is only human too. He has insecurities. Such as his body which he feels is comparable to a 38 year old males body lol. He has fears, issues, quirks, pet peeves. You have to realize just because someone is older doesn't mean that they are perfect or that a relationship with be much different. The only thing that is different is the maturity level. 
6. The most important thing to realize though is that.. even if you are attracted to an older man.. that doesn't mean he will be attracted to you, its the same with every other relationship once again. 
7. Also if you get rejected, pick up and move on, yeah he might be extremely attractive and witty, and it might be fun to flirt; but in the end it will be just another dead end. Don't put yourself out on a limb. And do not wear your heart on your sleeve, something I have learned from my past. I find it very helpful to keep who you are attracted to, to yourself, unless you are sure that they might feel the same way.
8. A con about an older guy is that he may very well be looking to take the next step in his life, such as getting married, for me that isn't an issue because I would like to be married before I am 25-30, but other females should keep that in mind. 


Overall none of this really matters, because you cannot plan out your future. It is best to just let life happen and enjoy it and do what makes you happy while you have time. 
I hope that this makes any sense or a smidgen of sense to anyone who might read this.
Toodaloo 
P.S. Might I just say that this conversation came up because my ex boyfriend accused me of having an affair with my teacher, which is laughable. My friend asked me if I did while telling him the story, my teacher is very attractive but no, I did not do anything of any sorts with him AT ALL, never would. He is my teacher. Then my friend asked me if I had a thing for older men. 
Of Course I do.. I read Diana Palmer books! 

No comments:

Post a Comment