Thought what you might ask?
Thought that the term baby sitting could be demeaning to children! When I started babysitting for the B. family I only ever called it babysitting, you know the period of time in which a parent entrusts me with their children and pays me for my times so they can go out and do this that or the other. Well when I told the B. children that I was coming over to babysit both of them were like... " WE ARE NOT BABIES...its called kid sitting."
I had never heard that term before Mrs. B texted me and asked me to kid sit, and I never really thought anything of it until the kids let me know my place.
I do have to admit though, the B. kids are my favorite to babysit, watching movies, playing wii, and my favorite, when they ask me to play guitar and sing for them.

The Ifs Ands & Buts of Kidsitting.
-Do: Wear the kids out so the sleep well
-Games, more games, movies.
-DONT!: be like me and let them sleep the whole time. (I am bad about this)
-Do: Make sure that they have snacks and are entertained the entire time, you do not want to bore them.
-DONT!: Let them be crazy.
-Do: Have fun
-DONT: Be mean.

No comments:
Post a Comment