Until the world stops turning
Until the wind doesn’t blow
Until the sun stops shining
Until the river doesn’t flow
Until my heart stops beating
Forevermore
The legend lives on
Remember the name
Sahara “Hoops”, 21
Until the wind doesn’t blow
Until the sun stops shining
Until the river doesn’t flow
Until my heart stops beating
Forevermore
The legend lives on
Remember the name
Sahara “Hoops”, 21
- Shannon Aldridge
It is only fitting to do this post in orange. This picture here is a picture of Sahara Aldridge aka Hoops. I knew her for as long as I could remember, she started going to SEMO basketball camps shortly after I did. And then came britt. All three of us were sitting their, faithfully at every home basketball game underneath the baskets, we were SEMO'S "Ball Girls" We would walk around in the stands during breaks and half time and sell bracelets to help coach pace. And we were infuriated when B.J Smith was fired. We were too young to understand. Things started to change. Sahara stopped being a ball girl at the games, she lost all her hair. I recognized all the signs because my aunt Jennifer had the exact same brain tumor. I will never forget the last conversation I had with her, asking her if she was doing okay. She barely had enough energy to talk to me. I knew She would be okay, or hoped, then it just turned into empty prayers. I didn't understand. I convinced myself she would get better But then I moved to St. Louis. I followed her parents blog religiously, and never took off my hope for hoops bracelets. I saw the pictures, and I saw the swelling, and my mother told me that the swelling meant the end was near. I couldn't bring myself to accept that so their I sat in denial. A couple weeks later Sahara Aldridge died of a Stage Three Malignant Brain stem Tumor I believe it was. Even at her funeral I couldn't accept that she was really gone. I saw Britt and Amy and Shannon at the funeral and went to hug them all hoping they would remember me. And they did to this day thinking about what an awesome girl Sahara was chokes me up. And yes I could have put a picture of my grandfather up or something but he lived a full happy life. Sahara, who was like a kid sister to me.. we bickered hell we didn't even get along half the time.. But the world just wasn't same with out her bright smile. God gained a beautiful soul in heaven the day he took Sahara to be with him. And though I understand why he would want to be with her.. I wish he had given her family and friends more time.
RIP SAHARA "HOOPS" ALDRIDGE

No comments:
Post a Comment